1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by mike phillips, Feb 25, 2008.

1. for my birthday my buddies got me a line 6 tone port and with it came ableton recordin software. it has four tracks. when we get together there are 4 guitars, a drummers, vocals (this fella can sing) and my bass. its lookin like 8 track would be the way to go. can this be updated to an 8 track? what should i be lookin for as far as software that will work with the tone port? this is all new to me so i have absolutly no idea about recordin and what i need. any suggestion would be a big help.

2. My first suggestion would be to run everything through a board, then into the Line6 and into the computer. Not the perfect solution, but at least you'd get everything tracked.

OTOH, and not that I'm endorsing this idea, but there are ways to find decent audio recording programs on the net, if you're resourceful. If the Line6 is USB, most programs will work with it, as long as you have the drivers for it.