1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by Mujahid, Sep 25, 2008.

1. I want to have a custom 4 string bass made. I have someone to do that already. What I'm wondering is what pick up to use. Active for sure. Something that has a smooth mellow tone but I can slap on too. Does this exist or do I need 2 different basses for this? Thanks

2. pd1134

pd1134

Aug 27, 2008
    Chantilly, VA
    emg's are always a good choice, especially if you have a pj setup

3. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    thanks for spamming all the 'ask a pro' forum threads with this question. goblok.

if your already having an active bass, you could just design a flick switch to wire it up to do a mid scoop for your slapping and your other playings. or you could just have a straight active bass, and re -eq when you want it, it could just be pulling down ur mids and pushing the high and lows really. really depends on the sound you want.

4. You know, there's a whole sub-forum dedicated to pickups/electronics. You'd get a much better response by just posting (one thread) there ;)