Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by XXWaRwIcKBaSSXX, Jan 5, 2003.

Jan 2, 2003
    Ok, i know many songs, ranging from slipknot to the who, the beatles to greenday, and everything in between, but i need something a little more challenging, not like victor wooden or
    Les Claypool (<---GOD) but something moderate, something that doesnt make me sound like a newb, even though i am, but i learn fast! Thnks
  2. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    I would say just keep playing along with songs and getting better and it'll come. If you want to learn some "licks" to show off with, just make sure you can play them with even timing! Walk into any Guitar Center and you'll know why I'm telling you that.

Jan 2, 2003
    I mean i have only been playin for 5 months and i say i know roughly 38 songs, and one song i had trouble with was Are U In by incubus, i neded the rythem and the timing and it was hard, but i just cant slap and pop, im not good at it... And its not comming to me, and it gets me mad, but i dunno, any suggestions are welcome.
  4. In my opinion, it doesn't really matter how many songs you memorize. It's much better to focus on one bassline and break it down into chords, scales, passing tones...etc. With that information you will be able to make up your own stuff and you'll know why it sounds good. I like to listen very observantly to music and am getting pretty good at deciphering exactly what the bass player is doing. Basically, study a music theory book before you attempt to learn songs...that's my 2 cents
  5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    so you are better than someone who knows 25 songs? :confused:

man, you should look into "learning the bass" rather than learning how to play a bunch of songs on your mp3 playlist

and im saying this in the best of ways...

see ya