1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mralex, Oct 31, 2010.

1. mralex

mralex

Oct 29, 2010
    Hello all,

I'm sure that there are a million and 1 posts on this topic however i cant seem to find them.

Currently i have a Rack EQ and Rack Compression, i am looking into a rack chorus and then go to pedals from there, now i don't have cash to buy 200$ pedals etc. I'm looking in the Boss/DoD range, what pedals (types and models) should i be looking for? I typically play stuff like The Maine or Reliant K, however i do venture into slap and hardcore from time to time, any recommendations? Or links to other posts?

2. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    It depends on what you want your bass tone to be. Are effects going to get you that tone?

Boss, Digitech, and Zoom all produce budget multi-effect units that will help give you a better idea of what you want from effects, unless you already know what you want.

In that case, do you have any references to the tone you're aiming at? Youtube videos? Songs? Sound clips? That'll help narrow down suggestions, rather than everybody just suggesting you buy their favorite pedal.

3. mralex

mralex

Oct 29, 2010

Sick Puppies - Your Going Down

kind of like if you mix all of those