Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Pmutch, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Pmutch

Pmutch

Jan 16, 2003
    I'm all screwed up. Be cuz I just got the tabs for "Heart-Shaped Box" from our very own talkbass.com's tab section and the string on the tab are GDAD and my strings are set differently. SO can I still play it on my 4?¿?

2. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    You can simply re-tune your bass quickly if you have a keyboard or electronic tuner. E to G, A to D, D to A, and I believe you can squeeze a D out of the G string.

3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Are you sure it's not drop D - are you listing the strings high to low or low to high - my guess would be drop d written funny (D A D G)

4. Pmutch

Pmutch

Jan 16, 2003
    o ok so all u gotta do is return ur bass in order to play different songs

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Good call creepy, i can't beleive i didn't spot that in teh first place. Heart shaped box is drop-D tuning, I'm a dufus :rolleyes: You just gotta drop the E to D Pmutch.:D

6. Pmutch

Pmutch

Jan 16, 2003
    that woulda been my fault probably , sorry I hate tabs, I'd rather read the sheet music kind. Any of you guys know where I can get some downloadable bass sheet music for a 4string?

7. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Ditto, Amadeus. I have done countless searches before and nothing NOTHING except a few very popular classical songs are available for free in sheet form. If you want the sheet music, Pmutch, look at the local music store or ebay for a song book. That is really the best way to go.

8. Pmutch

Pmutch

Jan 16, 2003
  9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  10. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I just looked at some of the transcriptions on that site, WR. I found several innacuracies. Just so you know, it ain't perfect. Go by your ear. If you have a good ear.

11. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Then you might want to consider learning by ear. :) I'm sure it's not all that difficult to figure out. Nothing is more satisfying that learning a song on your own.

As for sheet music, if you can't find the bass to that song, maybe consider buying the guitar book that contains that song (even better if you are a Nirvana fan and want to learn more of their songs)? It'll tell you what tuning the song is in and give the chords, etc. and that will give you some starters on learning the bassline.