Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Noobai, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Okay, heres the deal.

I cant get a sound otu of my bass.

I know my cord is screwy, off and on, but today, at school, I used a new cord, with a new amp, and still no sound. I then used my old cord, with a new bass, and a new amp, and it sounded fine.

Come home, old cord, new bass, nothing, old cord, old bass, nothing. Amp works fine.

WTH IS GOING ON? Why couldnt my bass get any sound? It gains fine, but the second it goes in a jack, dead.

2. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Update, old cord, old bass words fine.

Something with my new bass!

3. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    So it works fine until I put it in my jack, whats wrong?!?!?! I have a gig friday :\

4. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    have you tried opening up your bass and making sure the input jack is well connected to both wires?

5. This may sound really obvious, but is your new bass active? If so, check the battery.

6. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Ibanez BTB 405QM, I dont believe its active :)

And it was playing just fine last night?

7. Oh well then nevermind haha :D

8. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Argh, Im freaking out, I just bought this bass and i love it :(

9. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    If it is so new, take it back to where you bought it and ask them if they can help you out. Even if you got it used, they should still at leaset help you a little.

10. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Im embarassed. Luckily had lessons tonight. Took it, and yep, it was the batteries. Thx, and ignore me for the next week ;)

11. I KNEW IT! :D :D