Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aceofbass88, Mar 2, 2003.

1. aceofbass88

aceofbass88

Jul 23, 2002
    Ok here's the story, i bought an Ampeg BA-210SP Amp (220 watts) about a month ago. Two days ago my band bought a PA system which is 200 watts, and my guitarist has a fender (very loud) 120 watt amp. My problem is that i dont have enough wattage to play anything. I cannot add an extension cab to it and the guy who sold us the PA says that he wouldnt suggest running my amp through it and i need about 400-600 watts. Can Anyone HELP ME please! My options have been to buy a subwoofer for the PA, i dont want to do that. To return the ampeg and use the existing money to buy an amp, i can use anyone's suggestions.
    Thanks

2. What style of music are you playing? Where are you playing? Does the rest of the band need to be so loud? Seriously, ask the band to turn down. Buying more equipment is not the only answer. (Although, sometimes it's the most fun)

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    And you'll get more help in "Amps"!

4. Walk your guitar player over to his amp and show him how the volume knob works. Many guitarists aren't aware that the same knob that turns it up will also turn it down.