1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Hey there....it appears I will probably will be replacing my b3158 with something else. I just need some advice on a good sounding combo in the $500 range. All tips and what not will be thanked.

(by good sounding I mean that an amp that has a large tonal variety)

2. Peavey Bam210

3. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    if youve got a bam in the 500 range let me know. other than that why not check out a workingman or a gk both can be had in that range and are pretty easy to find to try before you buy.

4. The bams are waaay to expesnive new, and I can't find anything used. I was kinda curious about hartke combos the 200 watt 15" speaker one

(How are aluminum cone speakers different?)

5. Ziggy

Ziggy

May 9, 2001
    Orange County, CA
    Thesha,

I sold my Ampeg B-2 for $400, then used that, plus about 10% for shipping, and bought a used SWR-400... loved the Ampeg, but the SWR is getting nothing short of raves from everyone that hears it.

michael s.

6. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    Hi
    i have a peavey 2X12 combo for sale if you like, its just in your price range.
    pm for details and such.

7. You can try a hartke kickback 15. my school has one and it's a great combo amp man. Pretty loud, they go for like $529 new. The aluminum 15 rules man. I'm selling my hartke b120 for $300. you live in RI, if you drive here and pick it up, I'll take 275 for it. I have a 350 watt head now so I need a cab:D

8. I'd like to get someting used from one of you....but I am kinda stuck in a loophole with Daddy's. And I can only get something from them....unless I sell it to someone here...but they would have to pick itup and be willing to pay $500 for an amp with a malfunctioning preamp peak light