Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Hey there....it appears I will probably will be replacing my b3158 with something else. I just need some advice on a good sounding combo in the $500 range. All tips and what not will be thanked.

(by good sounding I mean that an amp that has a large tonal variety)

2. Peavey Bam210

3. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    if youve got a bam in the 500 range let me know. other than that why not check out a workingman or a gk both can be had in that range and are pretty easy to find to try before you buy.

4. The bams are waaay to expesnive new, and I can't find anything used. I was kinda curious about hartke combos the 200 watt 15" speaker one

(How are aluminum cone speakers different?)

5. Ziggy

Ziggy

May 9, 2001
    Orange County, CA
    Thesha,

I sold my Ampeg B-2 for $400, then used that, plus about 10% for shipping, and bought a used SWR-400... loved the Ampeg, but the SWR is getting nothing short of raves from everyone that hears it.

michael s.

6. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    Hi
    i have a peavey 2X12 combo for sale if you like, its just in your price range.
    pm for details and such.

7. You can try a hartke kickback 15. my school has one and it's a great combo amp man. Pretty loud, they go for like $529 new. The aluminum 15 rules man. I'm selling my hartke b120 for $300. you live in RI, if you drive here and pick it up, I'll take 275 for it. I have a 350 watt head now so I need a cab:D

8. I'd like to get someting used from one of you....but I am kinda stuck in a loophole with Daddy's. And I can only get something from them....unless I sell it to someone here...but they would have to pick itup and be willing to pay $500 for an amp with a malfunctioning preamp peak light