Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by touchofgrey549, Jun 13, 2003.

1. okay, so I have had this little crate bx-15 practice amp for about 3 years and its been pretty faithful...but the last bass I had was a gibson g-4 grabber and this little amp would always give it terrible static and sometimes not even pick up the notes at all. now, i got a brand new fender jazz bass[​IMG] and i am having the same problem. i am playing on a new cord that i bought thinking that would solve the problem...the amp now after playing yesterday for some reason wont even register at all. i cant hear anything besides the occasional static. is the amp just done or, what? the only reason a little 15 watter concerns me is cause its nice to practice and play outside and be mobile with it. anyone know anything? :meh: :confused: :meh:

2. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Its internal to the amp. I wonder it the 1/4" jack is broken? Do you have an effects return on that amp? If so, try plugging in it there and see if you get any sound at all. If so, check the input jack. If not, its a bigger issue.

3. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    It sounds to me like the the knobs are dirty. Spray some eclectic component cleaner on them