Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Robbie Butler, Sep 10, 2003.

1. i don't know where to post this so here goes.

For GCSE music i have to compose my own tune, on my OWN , this is the thing i've only been playing bass for like 3 months , and i hate plectrums [ i finger walk] i find it hard enought play simple stuff like good charlote and all american rejects but any way moving on i need some help in composing it. i don't want you to write me a whole line just a few hints and tips would be nice please :) thanks in advance Robbie Butler.

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    do you play any other instruments?

speaking as a veteran of gcse music, you will find it quite challenging if you have only been playing music for 3 months....

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Who be dat chick in your avatar?

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    here we go :rolleyes:

:D

5. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    pollybass :)

isn't she cute ?

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    hahaha :D

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    hehe... yea..

8. odie

odie Supporting Member

Ok stick to the subject.:cool:

Off to Misc since it is music related.

9. well any one got any ieas for me :(?

10. Robbie, stick at it, and I suggest you check out the General Instruction forum, and have a look at the stickied topic. Read Jazzbo's article on chord construction and scales.

You'll need to learn about some scales, and if you're having troubles with your playing, speak to your teacher, MAKE him drill at you if necessary!

don't be surpirsed if you have to start all over again before you go anywhere, and g'luck!

i too am head over heals in my GCSE music crap. sucks.

I wish I could do a solo invention or something. DURRRR!

mmm duurrr grrrrl!!

11. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    What is GCSE, if you don't mind my asking?

12. GCSE is like the course you in the 10th grade, Gabe, like you have AP courses (i think that is the equivalent of our highers).

you crazy yanks.. guhhee! :):rolleyes:

13. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Hey i am just starting a music gcse and we have to do a solo. It can be anything you want. They had a chart in a booklet saying if you play a grade 1 piece completely correct you will get 23 out of the 25 available marks, but you can play a grade 4 piece and get 25 marks but you can play it well. Dont worry matey it will be a while off. P.S what school do you go to?

14. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    LOL! Thanks Microbass. :)

15. Kirkie High; just outside of Glasgow.

IN our school, you do group performance, and a solo.

you can have anything pretty much for solo including voice, but singing isnt avaiable for group performance.

i wanted to do solo bass, and double bass, but iw asnt aloud, so i got landed with keys. i really, REALLY hate those cheap KBs. i am quite far behind in inventing becuase i cannot stand the sound of those keys! and the fact that i prostested i shuold be doing it on bass, as that is WHAT I PLAY but the teacher had nothing of it!

oh well. :)

for me prelim exam i'll be playing Portrait of Tracy, Continuum, and perhaps a rock n roll type song (bouncing souls, dire straits, green day..).

my actual GSCE exam will probably have the same pieces, unless I decide to go and learn some more.

I'd love to play me and my bass guitar! hehehe!