Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

helpe with setting preamp and power amp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by warwickben, Jan 25, 2004.

1. iam kinda confused about how i should set my power amp gain and preamp's master volume. i got a apeg svt preamp and a qcs rx 1450. right now i have the master volume set around 12 o clock deppending on the bass.and on the preamp i have it at 3 o clock. do i have to worry if the clip light comes on or not.it said soe peopel let the ap clip for more punch.i set the power amp on the back so the clip or limter is on to protect the amp from cliping. do i have to worry about the clip light lighting up or wat.

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    THe occasional clip on the power amp should be OK but I would be very careful not to over do it.

When a power amp clips, it actually puts out more power than whet it's rated for which can cause problems at the speakers.

3. my power amp is putting out 400 to 450 4 ohms, cant rember this sec. my cab can take 500 4 ohms and peakk at 800 o more i belive.