Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

helping my frined find a cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jnightmare, Jan 18, 2005.

1. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    hi, well as the title states im helping my friend find a cab. actually to tell you the truth a whole rig in itself. well my friend doesnt have a lot of money to spend so i recommended he get a behringer bx300t head. hes more then likely going to be getting the head since its very inexpensive and from the reviews that i have read it seems like a great value.

but now im trying to help my friend in deciding on a cab. hes looking for a good stand along 4x10 cab thats 4 ohms that would pair nicely with the behringer. he plays a fender standard MIM jazz bass usually with a pick but he plays a great deal with his fingers too. he plays mainly punk and like 77' type rock n' roll stuff. so i take it hes looking for something that cuts through well. im get more background info. soon but as of now are there any cabs people would recommend? something besides avatar because i've already mentioned that to him but he'd like to keep as many options available as possible. im not sure exactly how much he wants to spend but the more he can save on a deal the better. he doesnt want anything fancy just something that sounds pretty decent/good and something that can get the job done.

thanks for the help in advance.

2. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN

3. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    I like my Avatar 4x10. The horn is noisy, so I don't use it but it's about two years old and it was common then to have the noisy horn. I think it's been fixed now.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com

Have fun! :D

4. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    yeah i mentioned avatar to him. which model you think he should probably go with? delta, neo, or pro?

5. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    If he can hack the marginal price hike I would reccomend the Pro's

I have the Delta and I could use a little more bass than the Delta's offer. The Delta is still a good cab and I reccomend that and any of the other cabs to all my friends.

Just remember the cabs will be HEAVY because of the heavy duty magnets.

The Neo should be lighter if weight is a problem.