Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEE!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by venezuelanbass, May 25, 2004.

1. :crying: is it just me?? (not to be nationalist or anything) but is music in the US quantity over quality?!. My name is Diego, im native from Venezuela, and lived all my teens in Puerto Rico. Heres the thing. i live in Miami now, and i cant seem to find musicians that can keep up. me and my guitarrist are looking to make a Dream Theater tribute band this summer, and when the summer is over, transform it to an original progressive metal project. weve tried tonnnnnsss of people and they all SUUUUUCK! and when i lived in Puerto Rico, in THAT TINY ISLAND,i knew like 5 drummers that can play dream theater with their eyes closed, guitarrists i know one that can make Vai run for his money, and bass players, dont even get me started on that. And now here in this HUGE country i havent seen one avarage person thats not famous like steve vai, marcus miller, portnoy etc and the music teachers at FIU and Berklee (went to summer program there) that can kick ass on their instrument!.

well now my question, is there any like classified ad web site for drummers and musicians?? GOOD one

Thx to those that reply

2. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Sounds like you've only checked one state. You have 49 more to go. :)

Check out www.musiciansjunction.com for leads on other musicians.

3. Mikemike

Mikemike Miscreant

Jun 18, 2002
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    No need to double post, man.

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    18 years of growing up in Miiami has taught me that Miami has a pretty lame music scene.

Peace
    Nick

5. Sad but true:crying:

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I just thought I'd share that I'm Puerto-Rican.

That's all.