Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hendrick Motorsports Plane Crash

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Anyone hear about this?

I know my dad was saddened by it being the big NASCAR fan he is. Truly sad.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I just read the article over at ESPN.com. I am not a fan of car racing, but it doesn't prevent me from feeling sad for the families of those who died.

Didn't another NASCAR guy die in a plane or helicopter crash not too long ago?

-Mike

3. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    I watch NASCAR every now and then. I just read the news, very sad...R.I.P.

4. This is truly a tragedy. :( So sad....

A list of those on board:

Ricky Hendrick, Rick Hendrick's 24-year-old son and a retired NASCAR driver; John Hendrick, Rick Hendrick's brother and president of the organization; Kimberly and Jennifer Hendrick, John Hendrick's 22-year-old twin daughters; Joe Jackson, an executive with DuPont, sponsor of Gordon's car; Jeff Turner, general manager of Hendrick Motorsports; Randy Dorton, the team's chief engine builder; Scott Lathram, a pilot for NASCAR driver Tony Stewart; and pilots Dick Tracy and Liz Morrison.

5. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    That's horrible. I just read the list above and it makes everything more saddening. Ahhh, life.... this tragedy called life. My prayers to the families. Damn airplanes.