1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hendrix Experience: Little Wing D.B version

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by one4dabass, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Quickly jamming around this standard to discover possibilities of electric sound -it's just microphone, my neighbours are safe-...
    Hendrix Experience is one of my favourite rock bands (maybe the number one), especially because it's just a trio. They tell us a lot with a restricted formation (4 instruments including Jimi's voice).
    There's two voices at the beginning, and 3 -basic- voices at the end, sorry for the imperfect synchronisation (2006 P.C...:bag:) and the video quality and hope you'll enjoy!

http://youtu.be/AghWITIHf8w

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

3. lorianb

lorianb

Apr 10, 2011
    Ottawa
    I wish you'd had the chance to knock this off with Mitch Mitchell while he was still alive. He would have loved your pizzi. Speaking of which, I'm a huge Hendrix fan but I wish I heard more of your plucking - which is very expressive - and less of the bowing in the mix. Une suggestion seulement. : )

lorian...

4. Hello lorianb et merci du fond du coeur pour tous tes compliments et suggestions! You're right, bowed bass is often louder than plucked bass in my videos (the mix is really poor), and i've just shared a few "plucking-bass videos" on YouTube, considering that we have a lot of pizz masters all around (including this forum) to show interresting skills in a 'live teaching' context...
    My first goal was to 'light up' another side of modern (bowed) bass, in a rock or in a jazz context.
    But definitely, i'll share more pizz videos, as i do on my solo project...
    Merci de ton attention et de ton soutien, bonne musique et bonnes fêtes de fin d'année, à bientôt,
    Mathieu