Henry and the low B

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Plain Old Me, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Will a Henry 8x8 handle a low B? I've heard that they handle lower notes well, but I'm not sure if 8s can handle a B.
  2. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    In my playings with one, it's got massive low end.. I was really suprised about it. I was getting more low end out of that than the Ampeg 4x12 it was sitting next too. It's also pretty tight low end (No farting) and the 8's give it lots of punch.. good cab IMO, plan to own one sometime.
  3. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Yeah, don't discount 8" speakers. I had a SWR Silverado w/ 4-8" speakers. Although not super powerful, it handled the low B fine.
  4. bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    I think the Henry is one of the better SWR cabs. Not superloud, but punchy and quick. The B is no problem
  5. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    No problem at all. I used one that was a "house rig" on a showcase gig with my graphite necked 5 ... sounded huge!

I also recall seeing a pro's rig with an 8x8 on top and a 1x18 on the bottom. :eek:
  6. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Like John McVie.
  7. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Do you think that a Henry + a 15 or 18 running on a Trace V4 would be powerful enough to compete with Marshall full stacks?
  8. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    a henry on it's own would be enough IMO. Remember, it's 4 ohms, so if you want another cab, try match it with another 4 ohm.