Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Henry The 8*8

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cantstandsya, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Anybody ever play one of these. Need some opinions . I'm thinking about either the Goliath Sr. or the Henry. The Goliath Sr. is 15 lbs. heavier . Im just wondering if the Henry has enough low end to compete.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Belongs in Amps ;)

3. With a SM400-S the Henry has way more bottom end then the Goliath SR. CASE CLOSED.

4. leper

leper

Jun 21, 2001
    its also much quiter...gol sr is 110db at 1w1m....henry is like 96db 1w1m...takes ALOT more power to get the same volume

5. More bottom? No way! The Henry sounds better and better all the time.....anything I could compare it too? I don't have access to one but lust after them regardless. I play through and Eden 2x12XLT and love the sound. I do need FAT bottom though.. would the 8X8 really deliver?? How many watts is a Henry...? Sounds like you'd need a bit o' juice for that puppy..as well as someone to help carry it?

6. leper

leper

Jun 21, 2001
    forgot to mention...i have a senior, and its actually the easiest cab ive ever had to carry...the tilt back wheel thing works great, the handles are perfectly placed. stairs can be a bitch, but its doable by yourslef, dead easy with someone else. the henry should be easier still (lighter)

7. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    I just sold my henry cab thyis weekend, they sound great and I never had any problems with it . The reason I sold was I just wanted something different, believe it or not I was considering the eden 2-12xlt what do they sound like? The henry is a good cab and its got good wheels and handles and it transports fairly easy. I was just ready for something a little different. Good lows and really tight mids and to much highs for me so I just turned the tweeter off and ran it like that.