Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Henry8x8vs.GoliathSr.Vs.SVT8-10vs.Workingmans Tower

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cantstandsya, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Henry 8x8

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Goliath Sr.

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. SVT 8-10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Workingmans Tower

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Opinions?

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Hard to recommend without knowing what you want. How loud do you need to get? I believe the Goliath Sr. has best power handling of all those, which is why I own one. However if I didn't need volume, I'd probably opt for the small, punchy 8x8. If I had a bigger vehicle (and/or a roadie!), I might get the SVT 8x10 for that big classic tone. I don't know anything about the WM Tower.

3. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    I need a lot of volume,but for right now allI have to push it is 500-550 Watts.Have you heard them both side by side?

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    like Donne said before

if you have 500 watts, the 8x8 is gonna be the most loud you can get out of that 500 watts.

however, it won't be THAT much louder than the SR, and if you ever want to upgrade to 1kw or so, the sr won't explode like the 8x8 will.

5. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    So your saying with the same head (SM400S),the Henry will be louder than the Senior?

6. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Wouldn't the Goliath Sr. be louder, given its incredible 110 db SPL @ 1w/1m?