1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HENZE/KARR DG RECORDING

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by THE SAW, Dec 7, 2006.

1. THE SAW

THE SAW

Sep 14, 2006
    Years back, old Gary recorded the Henze concerto on DG, did a fair job with it and I played it a lot while studying for my degree.
    However, the flip side of the recording featured what many consider Henze's finest work "ESSAY ON PIGS" featuring an extremely talented singer named Roy Hart (who by the way was a brilliant geologist as well, a little known fact)
    For some reason, this is one of the lost albums never transfered to CD. Mine wore out years ago and was stolen along with all my Yardbirds, Mama and the Papa's, Gentle Giant etc:bawl: anyway from my dorm room-you get the picture.
    I would pay handsomely to anyone who owned a very good condition copy of this album-I would just buy from you guys, I don't trust the Yahoo, Ebay etc. crowd.
    Thanks in advance.

2. p.nemeth

p.nemeth Guest

The LP was transferred by DG in 1996 when they released their seven volume Henze collection. The Karr recording is coupled with the first violin concerto and the cello concerto and the Essay on Pigs is on a separate disc with other vocal peices by Henze. All the volumes are out of print, but I'm sure used copies turn up from time to time on Amazon Marketplace. You could also check with some libraries to see if they have it.