Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Her and her jazz bass..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gord, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    Hey guys,
    I'm in Japan now, and have been for half a year now. A few months ago, I went to Osaka, every weekend, on a bridge going over a rather busy street, bands set up and play to the thousands of people that are either going from train station to train station, or from one cool shopping center to another. One such bands truly impressed me, really hard but slightly experimental music, with a bass player that was technical but fairly unorthadox, not to mention being an amazingly cute girl.. hmm. Afterwards we have a few words in broken english / broken japanese. I keep in touch with them and I went to their show yesterday, it was unbelievable, this girl is honestly one of the best bass players I've ever seen. She plays a 1980 jazz bass, which is the same age as she is, and plays ridiculously beautiful lines.. oh, the bass is right hand and she's left handed. :|! I asked her to teach me, and she sounded like she wants to, but it was hard to pick up from her ridiculously thick modesty. I'm just gonna tell her that back home, we jam with good bassists in town (true) - Usually bassists don't make me feel so talentless, but she has humbled me beyond anything. Any of you guys have stories like this? I must be tutored by her! How cool would that be, mentored in the ways of extremely rocking bass by japan's most modest (modestest?) girl? I can see it now..

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Does that band have a name?

3. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
  4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    bummer, it's all in japanese, one of the many languages I don't speak :meh: Is she Daily Girl?

5. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    haha yes, it's daily girl. I tried using altavista translator, but i'd be better off just looking at all those confusing japanese letters and making up my own stories. The other guys in the band are insanely nice too, right after they blew me away with their music they acted like nothing happened and were very interested in me! unbelievably nice and talented band