1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Herbie Hancock, Pat Metheny, Dave Holland, Jack DeJohnette-In Concert 1990

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Whousedtoplay, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
    del

2. Just saw Dave Holland and his new Prizm band in Chicago a few weeks ago. He still sounds great. Quite a band. He was one of the only 'fusion pioneers' I hadn't seen live.

I'm kind of done with that type of music (I guess most are... couldn't even fill two performances in a small room in Chicago!), but it sure is impressive to see live. Kevin Eubanks is very impressive playing in that context!

Nice to be surrounded by old white guys every once in a while though! I was lucky enough to 'come of age' when this music was just coming into its heyday (early 70's). Fun at the time, and quite fresh. Even got to see Metheny live when he was still in Gary Burton's band. I was too young for the Bitches Brew stuff, but caught the 'next generation' offshoots (Weather Report, Return to Forever, Mahavishnu, etc.) when they were fresh. Amazing time for a young electric player.