1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hercules Bass Stands.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ErikP.Bass, Nov 6, 2010.

1. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    For those of you with these, what model did you choose.

I have J & P 4's w/jazz necks and boutique 5 and am trying to decide between the GS412B, GS414B and the GS454B.

2. i have 2 triple stands, and they handle my 5 strings fine :) though my 6 is a no-go

3. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I have a few single stands. No clue what exact model they are, but they work great.

4. I've used GS-412-B's for 4 and 5-string basses, and am very pleased with them.

5. ErikP.Bass

Nov 23, 2004
    Thanks for the input. These sure look like great stands. I am sure you can't go wrong with any model but is good to hear what people have and what they are using them with.

6. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I have two of the single stands and quite like them - good for bass or guitar.

7. I have their 5 guitar stand. It's nice because it can work in either direction, although something like Warwick's Rock Stand would take up a lot less space.

8. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
  9. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    The Hercules double stand allows both basses to hang near the wall at a 90° angle. This is a good option if the room is not large, or there's children or medium size pets moving quickly past.

10. I have this stand as well. I've had mine for several years and it works great. Very sturdy! I keep my Jazz and P bass on it at home and on stage.

11. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    I dont know what the model is either, but I like mine alot.

12. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have two GS415B stands; I prefer the folding neck. :D

Great stands; no problems at all.

13. I have two GS415B's, they were the only stand that would hold an Epiphone Moderne.

14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The early model Hercules stands had some issues with the padding where the headstock hangs. The new ones are fine. That is all.

15. I used to use four of the single stands with the grip-heads and backrest bars. As my collection grew, they became prohibitive in terms of space, and I went with a rack. I still have one of those tiny little folding single stands that I use for gigs and rehearsals. It works fine. Hercules makes primo stands.

16. Use the single hanging stands. GREAT for those offset J type bodies with side mounted jacks... very stable, since the center of gravity is very low. Highly recommended.

I do have a couple of their little folding stands (not that strange plastic solid type thing... that looks bad), and they are top of the line for the more traditional type stand, and are very small. I use those with my smallest rigs, especially for my Rob Allen Mouse.

Zero issues in many years of gigging with these.

17. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    I own two of the single hanging stands, as well as an acoustic folding stand (also not the large dome thing) and a music stand. These stands work great and I have had zero issues.

18. ErikP.Bass

Nov 23, 2004
    Can anyone with a GS415B explain the folding yoke to me? Does it just make it so the stand folds up to be more compact?

19. Yes, it just folds flat so it takes up a bit less room. That is a bit of a poor design, since it easily snaps back in place. I just checked the site, and it looks like they have several new hanging stands, a couple with a 'fixed yoke' (probably based on some customer complaints about the hinge yolk too easily opening) and also a more 'Ultimate Support Stand' type yolk system (they call a universal yolk) that has no moving parts and can take any width of neck.. even the big 6 string.

Nice product line. I might try one of the Universal Yolk stands. I always liked that system on the Ultimates, but those have a very wonky height locking mechanism versus the 'hole and pin' security of the Hecules.

20. ErikP.Bass

Nov 23, 2004
    I feel a bit silly for the question now checking the site on my desktop rather than my mobile. Now I see that the more circles launch a new window with more explanation. I knew I had to be missing something. It is a bit difficult to tell from the photo but you have the GS414B's Ken, right? And they handle a five string without issue?