1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hercules Guitar Stands

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassMan99, Sep 19, 2008.

1. BassMan99

BassMan99

Mar 15, 2006
    Rochester
    Hope this is the right forum. I have a fairly new Hercules double stand. Part of the hangar that holds the guitar on the stand no longer works-it does not twist down to hold the guitar any longer.
    Problem is there is NO way to contact these people. Nothing on their website but a contact form that does not work. Called Musicians Friend where I purchased it. They were nice but they said they see no way to contact Hercules as well. And they think Hercules has a limited lifetime warranty.
    Anyone know how to contact Hercules. These are not cheap stands. I believe I paid $70. for it.
    Thanks

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I have a single one. After the first week, it didn't work. I bought it at GC and just went back there and exchanged it. That's BS that MF doesn't know how to contact a supplier.

Try this: http://www.herculesstands.com/contact.html

3. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

It's not easy getting in touch with Hercules. They are owned by KHS Musical Instruments in Taiwan.

MF should help you with a repair or replacement, especially if it's fairly new.

Kaman Music in Conn. does warranty work for a number of brands, including Hercules. Contact them at info@kamanmusic.com and see if they can help. It's a long shot, but worth a try.

4. BassMan99

BassMan99

Mar 15, 2006
    Rochester
    Hey Fred,
    I tried that form. Filled it out clicked send and you get an error that says something like this connection only works with earthlink. Yeah thats BS also . No way to contact them.

5. BassMan99

BassMan99

Mar 15, 2006
    Rochester
    MF said call them back in 3 to 5 days and see if Hercules answered their email. Not great really.

6. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Eeks. I love my Hercules stand, but that is not a good way to conduct business. Let us know how/if it gets resolved.

7. RED5

RED5

Jan 14, 2008
    Suffolk County,NY
    Happens all the time. Look under the yoke. There's a plate that can be pried off,exposing the mechanism. The cranks for the little tabs that rise to lock in the neck will be off track. A little judicious bending will get them back in place. People bring these things to me to fix and it's really simple to DIY. Or? try to contact the guy who'll connect you to the extension that's vaguely related to the person who knows the owner of a small design firm in Skokie, who once met Paul MacCartney and suggested he not just leave that bass leaning on his amp......and so on. Oddly enough? mine never needed to be fixed, imagine that?

8. BassMan99

BassMan99

Mar 15, 2006
    Rochester
    Hey Red,

I will try that. off to gig now. maybe while I am there, I will let you know

9. BassMan99

BassMan99

Mar 15, 2006
    Rochester
    RED5 that worked. easy fix as you said. I didnt notice that you could take that bottom plate off.
    Thanks

10. RED5

RED5

Jan 14, 2008
    Suffolk County,NY
    I know, I was surprised too. They get kicked around in my trunk and it happens from time to time. Good to hear it worked.

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    For the record, I used the contact form to email Hercules about three weeks ago, and they did respond. It took them over two weeks to do it though.