1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hercules Stands and Fender Headstocks

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fiset, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Fiset

Fiset I do a good impression of myself

Jan 13, 2007
    New York
    So I've got a triple Hercules stand which I like alot in terms of its space-saving aspects, the durability of the stand and with two young boys running around - the security of knowing my guitars won't be knocked out of their stands.

My question is this - my Fenders don't hang straight because of the off-set nature of the headstocks. Does anyone think the having my guitars hanging at a slight angle (see photos) will create any problems? I tend to not think so but thought I'd throw it out there anyway for some opinions. Also, if anyone has any ideas for correcting the problem, I'm all ears!

FxCam_1290957737495.

FxCam_1290957673548.

2. I have the double version and was wondering the same thing..

3. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    The double stand has a load capacity of over 32 lbs. I don't see any problem unless it is skewed much more than your photo shows, or you hang actual boat anchors, instead.

Those two boys will be challenging-no matter what. :D

4. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

I am looking at my basses on the wall that are in Hercules hangers and the hangers are all tlited so my basses are straight. The stands to not do this?

5. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I have a P5 and just sold a Jazz Deluxe that I kept out on a Hercules 3-bass stand and wondered the same thing about them. I figured the stand was a a little off, but you're right. It's the headstocks that cause that.

I don't know if it hurts anything or not. Fenders have been hanging in music shops for decades, so maybe it's not too big a deal?

6. macribas

macribas

Jan 17, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I am a fan of Hercules stands, but I would not let my basses on them while not being played. I either hang the basses on the wall (with Hercules hangers) or keep them in their bags/cases, especially with young ones running around in the house.
    To 9mmMike: no, I got both the stands and the hangers, the stands do not tilt as the hangers do.
    To the original question: no, I don't think it is a problem. Or you could get a Lakland and not worry about it. :)