Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Herd thinning: Trace Elliot, Mesa Boogie, Traynor, Schroeder, Avatar

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by natrab, Sep 9, 2005.

1. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Ok, this is gonna be a big list. I'm working on pictures for these items. Some are located in Sacramento and some in Santa Cruz. Since I live in Santa Cruz, there may be some delay on shipping items that are up in Sacramento. Some items will be too large to ship. I may be interested in trades for high end PA speakers, power amps (QSC preferred or Stewart World 2.1), and Accugroove speakers as well as a Thunderfunk TB550 amp. ALL SHIPPED PRICES ARE FOR CONT. US ONLY.

AMPS:
    Trace Elliot V-Type 300H SOLD - Pic. This is brand new NOS from British Audio Service. I've only used it to test it. I just picked up a NOS 600 watt version from BAS as well and I only need one. Costs $485 shipped from BAS. I'll let you have it for $425 shipped.

Trace Elliot 1200SM GP7 - This is a SS, 600 watts per side @ 2Ohms Trace monster. You know how trace rates their amps, so you know how loud this gets. Works fine, lights work. Cosmetically it's a little beat up. Pics. I'm asking $750 shipped. PRICE DROP: $650 shipped.

Trace Elliot VA400 SOLD - All tube baby. 6 x 6550s in good working order (has a few crackles here and there, could use a good going over by a tech). Also a little beat up, but these Trace amps aren't all about looks ;) . Pics. Asking $950 shipped.

Mesa Boogie Basis M-2000 SOLD - Awesome hybrid amp with dual preamps (both SS and tube). Do a search in amps and there's plenty of info. This one has never failed me and works great. Perfect cosmetic condition except for some scrapes on the top (not visable in a rack). Footswitch included. Pics (nothing else in pics included besides amp and footswitch). Asking $725 shipped.

Mesa Boogie D-180 SOLD- All tube. Approx. 180 watts with 6 x 6L6s. I just retubed it (though I can't remember if I went with Mesa tubes or aftermarket) 6 months ago and haven't used it since. This is the model with the EQ. In great cosmetic condition for an amp over 20 years old. No pics available yet. Asking $550 shipped.

Traynor Custom Special YBA-3 - All tube with 4 x EL34 (can be converted to 6550 for more power. In great working condition. Has had grill cloth replaced and it looks excellent cosmetically. This one's heavey, so it's going to be $425 shipped, but only $350 if you can pick it up. OK, we'll make it $400 shipped. PIC!

Phew, thassalotta amps.

Here we go with cabs:

Trace Elliot 410 - Killer 4x10 cab. 8Ohms. This is a green carpet model and the carpet is a little matted and it's missing a rubber foot. $300 picked up or $350 shipped. Pics

Mesa Boogie 1516 - Probably the best sounding cab Mesa ever made. All original speakers, good cosmetic condition (little bit of rust on the handles). 4 Ohms full range or can be biamped. Has the Mesa Track-Lock removable castors and is a very easy cab to move. Pic . This is too heavy to ship. $500 picked up in Sacramento + gas if you live close and need me to meet you somewhere or deliver.

Mesa Boogie 1x15 - Diesel series. 8Ohms. No horn. Incredible cab, my personal favorite for its size and weight. Also has track-lock castors and original speaker. No logo on grill. $300 picked up, and I'll have to get a quote to ship it. PIC

Mesa Boogie 1x15 wedge - In ATA flight case (by Starbound). 8Ohms. Great condition. Also Diesel series and this one has a horn. Flight case is worth it alone. $400 shipped or $325 picked up. PICS. Located in Sacramento.

Mesa Boogie 2x10 - Diesel series as well. 8Ohms. This one's a little weird. It's been modified to biamp the horn and speakers. It has one biamped speakon in the back and I have an adaptor cable to use the cab full range. I always wanted to convert it back but never got around to it. Good condition cosmetically. $250 shipped. Located in Sacramento.

Avatar CB112s - Great compact 12" speakers. 8Ohms each. I have two of them. $150 a piece picked up. I'd prefer not to ship. If you must have them shipped, pm me for a quote. PICS

Avatar B210 - 8Ohms. Great little 2x10. $150 picked up. Pics in link from the CB112s.

2. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    No interest in any of this? Feel free to make (reasonable) offers.

3. You have PM. Also, somebody please grab up the D-180! I bought one from this man awhile back(2 thumbs up on the transaction), sold it and regret it. Selling it was more or less neccesary, & I can't afford this one, but it's a sweet head, VERY loud regardless of the power rating.

4. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, I'm waffling on selling it. I may have to hold onto it and my 1x15 if it doesn't sell right away.

5. Then you can decide to sell the pair together- when I can afford it. ;)

6. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    It's up in Sacramento, so it will take me a little while to get pics. I'll put them up when I do.

7. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Any pics of the YBA-3? Any links on doing the 6550 mod?

8. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    PM sent on the D-180.

Mike

9. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    VA400 and D-180 are both sold.

10. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
  11. You guys should send him a PM and not put your email address on the board. I know they could get it if it's in your profile, but still ...

free bump by the way! :bassist:

12. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    pm sent on mesa 2x10

13. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    All PMs and emails replied to. BassGreaser, that email address didn't work. Feel free to email me through the site with any questions.

14. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    A bump and a wish (I wish I could afford that M-2000).

That's a very good price.

15. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Schroeder's no longer for sale (I sold my Bergie NV610 instead, and I'm gonna keep my 310212 :smug: ).

16. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

i wish i had the dough for those traynors.

17. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Looking at other options, but contemplating the M-2000. It would be very much overkill for me now, but something to build upon.

18. If I could sell a kidney I would for the avatar 210. I would really like to get my hands on one, damn this being broke. but if all things work out with this job im going for ILL be making 3,000 a month and living at my parents house my gas will reach new levels :) :)

19. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Updated the list. You got me SMASH, I'm gonna hang on to the mono block for now.

Added a Trace V-Type 300H head. Incredible amp. I tested it out doing my theater gig, and it's incredible. I just picked up the 600 watt version and I won't be needing this one. It is seriously brand new, in perfect condition.

I also dropped a few prices. Lowered the shipped price on the Trace AH1200, Trace 410, and Mesa M-2000 as well as a couple others. Added pics of some stuff as well. Check it out again :bassist:

20. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I might take the Trace Elliot 410 off your hands, but not until next month. Hope it is still around.