Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HERE ARE PICS OF MY KUSTOM BASS AMP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TELEBOY, Nov 26, 2002.

1. TELEBOY

TELEBOY

Nov 21, 2002
    LONGISLAND,N.Y.
    HI ALL
    just finished restoring my 1970 kustom bass amp.100 watts.this was the first time i ever attempted tuck and roll. here are the before and after pics.

2. TELEBOY

TELEBOY

Nov 21, 2002
    LONGISLAND,N.Y.
    here is the before shot

3. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    That's awesome. I don't like the tone, but I sure love the look.

4. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    Hard to imagine thats a Kustom. I have a Kustom 10.

5. My God, you are bringing back so many memories of block parties during hot sticky August nights. When I see this amp, I see a Gibson EB-0 or EB-3 plugged into it.

Wow.

Mike J. :cool:

6. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    that looks great! love those ports on the cab...that thing aches for some Barry White music to be played through it...:D

7. TELEBOY

TELEBOY

Nov 21, 2002
    LONGISLAND,N.Y.
    NOW ALL I NEED IS A BASS GUITAR!.
    when i got the amp from the guy on ebay it was a wreck. it worked but sounded bad.it had 2 radio shack speakers that were ripped. i ordered 2 new weber california 15 inch bass speakers. tomorrow i will wire them up and see how they sound with my regular guitar. hopefully this thing will crank.
    the weird thing with the finished picture is the color. in the pic it looks light blue but in person its really like a royal blue sparkle color. must be the flash on the camera.

8. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    I've got the same Kustom 100 head (but in black).. very nice sound.

9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Looks good! My first PA speakers were two Kustom 4x10 columns. Nearly 6 feet tall each in white sparkle tuck and roll. Wish I could get those back!

10. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Excellent job!

Looks like you used to have Altec Lansing or JBLs in there.

Back in the early 70s, I owned a black Kustom 200 with 2-15 JBLs. When I played a loud gig, I used to borrow a friend's black Kustom 2-15 JBL bottom and run a total of four 15 JBLs with that head. It was fun.

11. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    That is cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

12. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    wow... nice

I like your tele too! =D
    its verrrrrrrry nice =D
    Im aching to get a 50s reissue tele someday.. a white one.. =D but that sunburst color is..well tempting!
    NICE I LIKE EM BOTH!!!! (your tele and your amp and cab)

13. Good work! It would look perfect behind Austin Powers in the movie cut scenes where he plays with a band. :)

14. dooberheim

dooberheim

May 17, 2002
    Missouri
    Brings back a lot of memories for me too.

My first serious bass amp (in 1972) was a black Kustom head - not a 100 or 200. It just said Kustom. Bought it used. Had two channels with volume, bass and treble arranged in a triangle. I also think it had reverb. Built two 2 x 15 cabinets with Radio Shack 100 W 15's. I remember upgrading the speakers to JBL 15s without a lot of difference. We would call the sound muddy and thick now, but that was the tone then, and it was VERY loud. The amp was stolen about a year later. I was later told that was quite a desirable head.

Nice amp and nice pics!

DK

15. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Holy flashback :D