Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Here here is a nice little Disneyland story

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    We are on Splash Mountain (A water ride in which your boat looks like a log)

My friend's boat starts going, and mine is righ behind his.

He and the people in his boat start rocking it from side to side.

On the intercom, the lady says "Please stop rocking your log."

Just thought I would share.

And while I am at it, I made a great discovery.

I am in Driver's Ed this week, and at 6 pm, we have an hour to go and eat.

We (Kevin and I) go get some grub at Wienerschnitzel, then walk down to the dollar store owned by some Muslim family who just happen to be the coolest people I have ever met at a store. (This is the first day)

We see some Zippo lighter fluid, so we go to buy it, and to buy a lighter... but they will not sell us the lighter. So we just get the zippo.

Today, we go get some hot dogs, then go back to the dollar store, get a pint of lighter fluid, and try to buy a lighter again.

We get the same response from Ahkmed, but then Ahkmed tells us a dirty little secret.

We cannot buy ciggarette lighters, but we can buy those big lighters for like BBQ's and stuff like that.

So we get one of those instead.

98 CENTS!

Eat that Government officials.

I'm done.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That's nice.

I got free tickets to go to disneyland and california adventure. Though I do think it silly to confine myself within a designated, and walled off area in order to enjoy the state I live in and love. But since they were free, I cannot complain.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Find a weblog, Mike! This ain't one.

brad cook

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Keep your kids in the backyard perhaps?

5. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Word!

On a semi-related note.. here´s pretty funny link:
    The dullest blog in the world

6. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    ...And the people all said sit down, sit down you're rocking the boat...

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Are you saying :

Blog Off!!!

;)

8. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Hmmm... upon further thinking, Mike starting a weblog would actually be a brilliant idea.

Mike: You have a lot to say, you seriously need an outlet for your thoughts, I dare you to start a weblog and let all your thoughts out there.

Here´s a nice starting point:
    www.blogspot.com

Go wild and be free!

9. Some people seem to have really boring lives.

10. 2K3Spec-V

2K3Spec-V

Jun 10, 2003
    North Jersey

hahahaha

11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
  12. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    i thought you promised not to post pointless threads, and that story had the most backward moral i've ever seen. that was a pointless post (IMHO)

13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    It was a good post. It showed something really stupid: Kids cannot buy ciggarette lighters, but we can get the bigger kitchen lighters plus buy a pint of lighter fluid.

There is something wrong there.

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    please stop rocking your blog.

15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, though, our friend mike here is just a product of our present trends in culture. with the rise of reality t.v. shows which seem to make mediocrity a virtue tend to attempt to glorify the inane, even you, yes you, can now be a star. excellence is frowned on as "taking too long" or "being too difficult" or "boring", so now our pop culture icons are Every Day (tm) Average Joes (tm) just like Me and You (tm).

the kids growing up in this culture are learning that attention and respect aren't earned through effort and hard work, they're showered on the lucky contestants and those willing to be jackasses for someone else's entertainment - "thank god, buffy, we aren't as gauche as THOSE people on t.v."

the whole weblog phenomenon, public exhibitionism with the hope that someone will listen, is a natural offshoot of this culture. chatroom suicides, love affairs and exhibitions of the strange, obscene and perverse are hallmarks of lazy know-it-alls crying out for the attention that they feel they so richly deserve without earning it. "look at him, he put his fist up that guy's butt" - wow, that's a respectable achievement. :rolleyes:

don't be mad at mikey, don't hate him. pity him for having to grow up in a culture where every utterance, every thought, every action is supposed to be geared towards qualifying for the next "american idol", "jackass", "survivor" or "who wants to boink a millionaire" show.

16. hey dudes fire is :cool:

17. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Dude, we were out in this field lighting stuff with Zippo fluid, so I stick some in this old car part, light it, and the flame shoots out for like 4 feet and engulfs my arm... it was awsome.

18. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No way. I saw the same Beavis and Butthead episode as you did.

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Wow, jt. Think we could co-host a talk radio show? You extracted those sentiments, so eloquently stated, directly from the core of my existence. I just gave the same lecture (in a somewhat less contentious tone) to six separate classes of middle school students. "Do an excellent job at whatever you do, and the money will take care of itself." One girl informed me that she was going to be an attorney. I said, "Did you know that you must first graduate from college, then go to law school during the day and spend night after night reading and briefing cases for three years, then pass an all-day test to be a lawyer?" She said, "Forget it then." It turns out that the speaker that had the class the hour before (it was Career Day) was a lawyer, who told them he makes over $100K a year. "Great! Then that's what I'll be!"

I also asked how many were going to get rich as professional athletes. About six out of a class of 25 raised their hands. I informed them that they would have to be the best person in their sport in at least the entire county and, if they weren't seeing their name in the local sports section pretty much every weekend, it wasn't likely to happen. So, "Go to college and have something to fall back on. Even if you do make the pros, you may fall and break your fibula in seven places, and you don't want to end up living in a van down by the river."

I can be SUCH a dick.

20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    So can mother's when they know you have been up to no good but cannot prove it...