1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Here is a real winner from CraigsList...

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by madmatt, Dec 7, 2011.

1. ronaldpdbrandt

ronaldpdbrandt Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Suffolk County, NY
    Apparently it doesn't even matter if you can play, as long as you gots the van! Will they provide a bass as well?

2. madmatt

madmatt

Apr 28, 2009
    They're gonna teach you how the industry works...
    LOL.

3. pudgychef

pudgychef In Memoriam

Jan 22, 2005
    Chongqing, China
    Lesson #1 - get a guy in the band with a van :)

4. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Here's one, not from CL, just a local classified site;

"20+ Years Experience. Done, Seen, Heard it all. Working in Studio/Live/Road...everything.
    I am looking for a band or individuals to play, learn and eventually go live with. I want to move forward with my music, and influence. I am a great singer, and can play just about anything on guitar I set my mind to...shout! "

I know he means play live, but I did a double take thinking he said he wanted to move in with whoever answered. :scowl::help:

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Same here. Who knows, though. Maybe he wasnt to live with his bandmembers, you know, so they can really get to know each other?

6. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

I had a drummer in a band once who had never worked since high school, five years! So I got him to move in with me. I had a job that I traveled and serviced video games. I got him up every day at 7 and drug him out on the road with me. He hasn't been unemployed since he got a job and moved out.... 16 years now.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    If I'm the van driver, here's how "the business" works for me. We agree on a price for cartage to and from the venue. You pay me that amount, you load the van, we roll. Simple as pie.