Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Here is a solo track of mine that I redid (feedback welcome)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Jan 2, 2006.

1. I posted awhile ago but I wasn't really happy with how that track came out, so I redid it with different parts and harmonies. I've been experimenting with different techniques for solo bass so I tried to incorporate those elements into the piece. This is just a rough idea, I looped a few notes and then added on. The 'chorus' if you will, i structured and had saved under the second loop pedal, and when that time came, I let the chorus play and I added flourishes and harmonics and so on and so forth, then back to my looped notes and contnuing on with the piece.

So have a listen.

Click me :)

2. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Very cool ambient peice, there was a nasty buzzing in there that was pretty distracting though.
    Peace

3. When does the buzzing come in? Or is it like a hiss? I havent listened on very hi-fi stuff yet.

4. I do here a couple hisses and cracks after the first chorus when I'm tapping, is that what you mean?

edit: make that alot of hisses and cracks.

5. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Are you using two different basses?
    or are you using different effects on different tracks etc...?, I think that may be what i'm hearing, because it seems like it comes in almost at certain points in the tune.

6. It's two different loops, that may be where the difference comes from.

7. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    That's probably what i'm hearing. One track is quite a bit hotter i guess, and i'm hearing some buzzing from electronics. Still sounds verey cool though.

8. Up.

9. I got more replies at a guitar forum.

10. Herman

Herman

Dec 25, 2005
    Lynchburg, VA
    That was very pleasant to listen to. I only heard the buzzing for a few seconds a little over midway through and again for about the last 10 seconds of the piece.

11. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Right at 1:30 and right at 2:30.

Um...so? Most folks aren't that interested in listening to something that sounds like it should be a backing track to a waterfall ambience cd or a meditation cd.

No, that was not a slam, there is a ton of money to be made in something like that. It's just that it's not real interesting by itself. Instead of grooving it just kind of floats there, hence its appropriateness for the aforementioned products.

:D

Joe.