1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Here is another Video update on my Palm Garden In indiana

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by InsaneBassninja, Oct 22, 2013.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I tried to check it out, got this message:

This video is private.
    Sorry about that.

-Mike

3. I'll Fix that Thank you for leting me know that. Try it now.

4. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    It works now. Thank you.

We have a palm tree in a pot in our backyard. I have no idea what type it is. I hope it survives the winter.

-Mike

5. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown

Feb 16, 2011
    What's the goal of all your research?

6. I guess to prove that they can live up here... really thats it and making everone else around try this. Also Boreden as well when I don't feel like picking up the bass and don't want to pay Video games(Whish is Rare now)

7. Something Like that bring in. Am not going to be the cause of plants dieing on my account. If you know what it is then and you know the hardiness leave it. However, your not sure bring that in.

8. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Can I post a few pics of it and see if you can identify it for me? Please?

-Mike

9. I Can Try. If not I have another site I can take it too as well.
    PalmsNorth.com Am under InsanePalmNinja there.

10. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Here are some pics: http://s131.photobucket.com/user/MJ5150/library/PalmTree

I don't know the history on this plant. The people who rented our house left it behind when they moved out. Any info you can provide would be awesome, and thank you. Is it in good shape? Should I peel off those dead leaves? Move it to a larger planter? Feed it something?

-Mike

11. I would Bring it in.
    Yucca Cane Tee (Spineless Yucca)
    Yucca elephatipes

A dramatic landscape element, Spineless Yucca is the tallest of the Yuccas, ultimately reaching 30 feet in height with a 15-foot spread. Its single, thick, rough trunk is topped with straplike, four-foot-long leaves. In the landscape the trunk can grow to four feet in diameter. Sprouts often grow from the base of the trunk forming a multitrunked tree. Spineless Yucca grows fairly rapidly but usually stays under 20 feet in height, and is ideal for use in succulent gardens or large planters. Unlike its close relative, Spanish Bayonet, Spineless Yucca can be used in close range of people since it lacks the formidable, terminal spine and has harmless leaves. It was introduced into Florida in 1956 as a substitute for the spiny Spanish Bayonet. Hardy to zone 9.

Yes you can Pell off the death leafs also.

12. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Thank you for the info sir. I really do appreciate it. I'll bring it in for the winter.

-Mike