1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HERE IS WHAT WE NEED (In regards to the "Post Your Pedalboard" Threads)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by savinggrace, Jul 22, 2007.

1. We should keep carrying on the ongoing "Post Your Pedalboard" thread with the posted pics and subsequent discussions and banter regarding pedals, etc. so that the series still continues as it has.

HOWEVER, we should also- AS A STICKY- have ONE thread where every person gets to post their pedalboard ONCE. The person can change their pedal board in their alloted ONE post, but they can never have more than one post in the thread.

What this would be is a definitive pedalboard pics ONLY thread.

And every person's pedalboard would be contained in one easy-to-reference thread.

Discuss/ Fight.

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    But where's the fun in that?:smug:

3. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Taking that after a certain time, you can't edit your post, that's not going to work. Though I do like the idea.

4. I thought that suggesting to "Discuss/ Fight" would be the fun element!

5. Maybe a moderator and have control over this aspect and allow it to occur just on that thread.

6. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Can they allow people to edit their post?

7. they could delete them and then people could post their new boards.

8. I think it's a good idea.

9. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Nah part of the fun is seeing the evolution of it and a lot of the older boards such as Tecx's and Madsubwoofer who don't post here much if at all, it's a real shame that we can't see what they had before the big server change that TB had a few years, so purposely deleting these pictures would be an awful idea. You'd be crushed if you couldn't find the none butchered versions of Star Wars that George Lucas keeps churning out as his team develops another visual effect.

I think there should be a sticky that links you to the Post your pedalboard threads I, II, III etc so that they are easily accessible.

10. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    no, it would have to be done manually by mods

Given some of you (cough, *tayste*) update pedalboards as frequently as you change socks I'm not signing up for that

That's true. Would also stop the jockeying that goes on to get your pedalboard in every time new thread is opened.

I agree.

However, never let it be said I don't listen to suggestions :)
    Feel free to start another thread with a poll on the subject. If there's a clear preference for such a thing, we'll do it.
    Such a thread would be *instead* of the ongoing 'post your pedalboards' threads.
    So the choices would be:
    1) One thread, one post per user
    2) Multiple threads, as it is now
    3) Obligatory carrots choice

11. Why not everyone just put a link to the post with a picture of their most recent config. in their sigs?

12. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, get a photobucket account or something, insert the photo, and whever you want to update delete the old photo and upload a new one with the same file name.

13. I love this idea!

14. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    yup. then you could search for all posts by user _____ and see pictures and such.
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif

15. I also +1 this.

16. This does seem to be the next best thing...

17. i dont see why we cant keep this master thread (one post per person) and the post your pedalboard "series" aswell. because one is to have an acessible database and the other is for mostly pedalboard discussions.

18. I know- that is WHY I SAID that this new thread SHOULD NOT replace the "Post Your Pedalboard: Threads, but should be another thread of just the latest versions altogether. All of the previous "Post Your Pedalboard Threads" and all future "Post Your Pedalboards" Threads would still be alive and well.

Again, the reason would to just have the latest version of pedalboard pics only- and no other yaking. Which I am all for in the other "PY Pedalboard" threads.

REREAD my previously posts...

19. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    I love the post your pedalboards thread, its part of the reason I continue coming here! Getting rid of it would be a tragedy of biblical proportions.

20. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    +1. i don't really mind browsing through the banter to check out the pics.

savinggrace! consider adding a poll to this, like Mr. Wilson said.
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif