Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Here it is.. New Zon Legacy Elite V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Feb 4, 2004.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    The day I've/We've been all waiting for. I have recieved my new (to me) ZON Legacy Elite V from Todd 4ta. The negotiation was really quick. We agreed on $1200 SHIPPING INCLUDED! Todd shipped it in a box nicely with FedEx 2 day, which did actually came in 2 days. It was one of the best transactions I've done on TB (or at least one of the better). Todd is a really great guy to work with, he'll tell you everything that he's done and the reasons behind it.

From what I know from Todd, the bass is a Zon Legacy Elite V

Poplar Body, dunno about the top
    Bartolini Soaps
    Zon ZP-2 Preamp.

The bass is phenominally light. The neck is alot more flat then the 4 string. Reminds me alot of the Zon Sonus V i had. The color is a solid white, which was done by Michael Dolin. It's not a Joe Zon work, but still looks exceptionally well! The back of the neck was even painted white so it really looks like a Set Neck instead of the Graphite neck to the set, then all white. (You get the idea)

The bass has four knobs, going from Volume/Bass/Treble/Balance. When the balance is on Neck/Bridge 50%, it definitely has the Fender Jazz/Pedulla Rapture J2 growl to it. The B string is clear and tight. Nice crisp highs, clear but boomy lows. What more can you ask for in a bass? The bass pretty much plays by itself. The neck is very fast and flat. If anyone wants a Zon, GET IT! You will never regret it! If someone wants to make a deal with Todd 4ta? Go for it! He's a great seller that thinks about the buyer when he sells his basses! Great guy! Thanks Todd!! I'm a happy customer!

Pix are on the way!

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Very sweet!

Dr Dolan did a great job with the refin on that, didn't he? :bassist:

Cool looking bass. Congrats, and enjoy.

3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Josh: Thanks! This is one great bass! I'm sure I'll keep this one (Crosses Finger)

bassmonkeee: yes, Michael Dolin did an AWESOME job refinishing. I was kinda "Iffy" about refinished Zons, but it came out very nicely!!

4. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    To all that would like to know about Todd 4ta, when he recieved the bass, it had tons of finish cracks in the bass. He was going to sell it, but he didn't want the next owner to have a Zon full of cracks, so he sent to Dr Dolin to get that refinishing job. Talk about CUSTOMER SERVICE! Thanks so much Todd!!

5. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    If I compare this to the Zon Sonus 5 Special that I've owned previously (which is in the hand of neptoon now), I must say so far I like the Legacy alot better in overall sound. I'm sorry neptoon ;) Feels like the sound is alot more full than the Sonus, and you can't beat the Jazzish tone you get from your fingers.

If I compare the sound from the Zon Legacy Elite 4 I have now, I might like the 5's tone better. It has abit of a more of a brighter tone than the 4. I'm guessing its mostly from the Poplar body compared to the Mahogany body thats on the 4 string. They're both good in their own way, I just prefer the brigther sound ;)

Best move I've made on a bass.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice score!:)

So do you think that you will stick with 5, this time around?

7. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    Congratulations! Looks nice! :cool:

8. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    I hope so!! This is like my 5-6th attempt!! GOTTA DO IT!!!

9. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    nice goin' DM!!!

i was wondering about the 5 string thing too.

i remember way back when, no zons and no 5's.

times change, eh?

CONGRATS!

f

10. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ

Since when did I say.. "no Zons" ? :spit: :spit:

11. Verrrrrrrry nice pair of basses!

12. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i meant when you HAD no 5's and no zons.

easy there big fella!

:)

f

13. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    lmao.. my tension is a little high and i read it wrong.. :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: sorry about that fred ;)

14. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    no prob there DM!!!

hehe, i should talk!!!

;)

f