Here we go again.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Aug 22, 2004.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Wow, that's one of the early ones! Amazing EQ on those early Smiths, they sound great. Typical Stanley though, trying to sell the thing for 25 grand. Probably still trying to pay for the divorce. I had an early Smith for years, it was one of my favorite instruments. Beautiful tone, extremely versatile, great feel, very nice bass. This particular one, you'd probably have to play standing up. Nice lookin' bass though, good for shows. If it had an extra string I might even consider buying it. For maybe a quarter of the price. :)
  2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i know he has the right to try to sell for whatever he wants- and as much as a Stanley fan as i was , its kind of a turn off to see the price tag because it belongs to Stanley... $25,oooo - pleeeeze!
  3. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    That thing may not be pretty, but it IS ugly.
  4. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    There's a Stingray for sale that was "recorded for a demo CD by a famous football player that I play in a band with"... :rolleyes: Some people.
  5. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    It's kinda weird...I like almost every aspect of it. I like Vs, I like the headstock shape, I like the control cavity cover/pickguard/whatever the pots are on, I like the wood figuring, I like the idea of the little design in the crotch of the V....But all together, it's somehow hideous! I can't explain it... :confused:
  6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    It looks like most of you dont get it - Kaz, I mean Brian did, and I remember, too

There was a thread about one of Stanley's basses on sale on eBay, for 25000, as well, and it turned out that someone was trying to sell it without Stanley knowing of it :spit:

But maybe this time its with Stanley's authorization, as it says in each description? Then why not write more about the specs and that its going towards a fund? This still seems a bit strange to me...

*Waits for Ken Smith to come by*