Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

here we go steelers!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bryan2112, Dec 6, 2004.

1. apologies to any jax fans out there, but man, what a game.
    i haven't been that worked up over a football game in years. so much so that i didn't fall asleep until about 2:30am. i think i just woke up now. haha

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    First off, I don't apologize to any Jacksonville fans.

Yeah, that game had me really worked up as well. I did get tired of the announcers going on and on about how great Leftwich and Fred Taylor are. I was drained after that game.

I was literally sitting on the edge of the couch for the last five minutes of that game, clutching my Terrible Towel.

-Mike

3. i honestly think that the steelers would have done better with jerome running more, but i'm not cower and what do they say? hindsight is 20/20.

it was nice to see that many pittsburgh fans at the game. that happens alot... maybe because the jobs suck around here and everybody moves! ;)

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    That's why I turn down the sound on the TV and listen to Cope on the radio. I doubt you'd have the luxury in WA, but maybe you can check out some free webcasts? IMO, Cope, Tunch and Bill are far better in the booth than the TV guys...

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I'm proud of my home team doing well this year. I predicated (after the 2nd game) that they'd at least make it to the superbowl. I hope they get it, 5 would be nice! Can't wait for the next game

Ray

6. AlexK

AlexK

Apr 10, 2001
    And I was getting tired of the announcers going on and on about how great Roethlisberger is :D. They seemed like they were going to crown him their king when he was running down the clock at the very end.

Congrats Pittsburgh fans, but get it while you can, cause my Bengals will be a force to be reckoned with next year................I hope.

7. A 60 yard field goal and it missed because it went slightly to the right? Friggin unreal.

8. unreal is a pretty good term for it. hehe what's the longest fg record? is it still somewhere in the 65 yard area? dempsy or someone? i know he only had half a foot... i should know this.

i always get scared when the steelers play the bengals and the browns. it seems no matter how good or bad the teams are playing throughout the season, it's always a struggle!

oh, and running down the clock was all cower, baby! :D