1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Here we ho again...RIP. Overend watts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barginkov, Jan 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. barginkov

barginkov

Feb 1, 2012
    L.I. New York
    Bassist for mott the hoople. Not a well known name but he was perfect for Mott the Hoople .the sound and specially the looks

2. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Thanks for posting, he's just obscure enough in these times to pass unnoticed. Prototypical Rock Star and Thunderbird slinger:bassist:

3. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    RIP...........

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I never listened much to Mott the Hoople, but I know Overend Watts was cited as an influence by some bassists. Over the last few years, I have learned to honor any musician's contribution whether I was a fan or not. R.I.P.

5. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I didn't like everything Mott the Hoople did, but I loved some of it. And Overend Watts definitely had that "rock star" look. RIP, Overend. At 69, he lasted a lot longer than some of his peers. Still pretty young though...

fffbd6ff35dcd114c0a2ca7eaa411325_zpst1dv4mh0.jpg

fretter likes this.
  6. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    I enjoyed MTH. Had their first album soon as it came out "All the Young Dudes" . They were not any sort of power group at all, so to speak, but entertaining enough to last a couple of years.

7. barginkov

barginkov

Feb 1, 2012
    L.I. New York
    We used to play lots of mott the hoople in the late 70s :all the way from memphis,golden age of rock and roll,etc ,always went over nice,I had fun playing his bass runs.he had the ultimate glam rock look.let's hope 2017 is a better year for bassists

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021