Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Here's a good band opportunity for a San Francisco musician:

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    We need people in my band, Never Again. Specifically we need a guitarist and a keyboardist.

You can hear some preliminary demos here: www.benjaminstrange.net/secret.html I just threw these up on my space until I set up a permanent web prescence.

Right now all the material was written before I joined, so my goal is to serve the existing songs and then add creative input into future stuff. If you are to come into the fold you should have the same mindset.

So far it sounds kind of like Depeche Mode, Ministry, A Perfect Circle, and Nine Inch Nails all mixed together. There's a tiny bit of odd time signature stuff, but overall it's really easy music to play. Once I start adding my creative input things will potentially get alot weirder - the guys in the band are open to this. You will be expected to be equally creative in future endevors.

You should be: easy going, available, with a good knowledge of good tone and how to achieve it. You can let your freak flag fly, but please be tasteful. You should also be willing to put your ego aside and play what's required for the song. You should also be willing to contribute to paying for our rehearsal space in Oakland. You should also be within the same general age as the rest of us (27), or at least share the same kind of headspace.

Maybe I should have changed "you" to "you or somebody you might know that would be interested", but I'm to lazy to go back and change all that now. But if you aren't into it, but know somebody who does, please help a nizzle out and pass on the information.

If you (or somebody you know) can play bass better than I do, I can switch to guitar. I'm serious.

Email me at contact@benjaminstrange.net for more information on how you too can become a rockstar.

2. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    What was the name of the original guitarist?

Good stuff by the way.

3. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    There was no original guitarist. We're looking for an original guitarist. Dig?

4. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    Oh, my mistake. I thought I heard guitar on those clips... :)

Anyway, I was friends with a guy online several years ago who had a band named Never Again. I was just asking on the off chance it was the same band.

5. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Are there still spots open in Red?

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Is the band willing to move to Waco?

brad cook

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    They are the same band...strange isn't it :p

8. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Heh. Strange, indeed.

9. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Yeah, but it would be cool to see Ben jamin'...Strange though....

10. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    We're at about 95.3% Never Again - Red is out completely. Thank god. We still need some musicians, and we ain't moving to Waco. We hear they vote for baby killers out there.