Here's a laugh

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hambone, Sep 26, 2004.

1. 7 year old bought a bass? :eyebrow:

Im hoping thats a typo..and meant to say 17 or something lol
  2. How did the kid haul it around ? Did he have the Hummer version of a Big Wheel! Thats gotta to be a typo maybe 17 year old??? Who knows after all he's in West Chester, Ohio!!!

(Hey I was forced to live In Ohio for a few years as a kid I can make jokes :D )
  3. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Wouldn't a 7 year old almost be the size of that bass? :eyebrow:
  4. My friend Alex plays baritone sax and she is like the size of the sax, pretty funny to watch her play it.

This caught my attention and made me laugh:

It's like they think its a piano...
  5. Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    It must be nice to have money. Just buy a new bass instead of tuning the old one.
  6. Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    i wonder what other bass the kid saw that put that one to shame. as for the size, my buddies parents made him start playing bass at age 6. by the time he was ten he hated it and threw his Jazz out the window. It was his dad's 73 he had had for hella long.
  7. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    LMAO, I just earned myself a sig. :p
  8. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I used to have a guy that would bring a guitar into my shop, covered in a garbage bag, and I would tune it for him. Then he would cover it up again and leave. Never understood a bit of the whole process, except the tning part...
  9. Hrm...I could see if he meant tuning as in intonating it...but tuning as in EADG I don't get why he couldn't do it himself.
  10. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    There's myriads of them in the Saint Louis scene. Amazes me every time I see it.

SONG STOPS: "Before we play this next song I'd like to say... Ooops - just a second... (begins tuning) brrrrrringggg....beaaauuooowww. Does that sound right???"

If you have to ask someone in the AUDIENCE if you are in tune, buy a tuner!!! :rollno:
  11. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
  12. Im12 and i play bass ive played for 10 months, bein a kid and owning a bass isnt wrong, but 7 years is too small imo even though im 12, he should get a guitar its a bit smaller, the bass must be taller then hi. I think it isnt a typo because a 17 year old wouldnt have let his mom auction his bass, even i wouldnt let my parents auction my bass.
  13. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.

Well you have to be at least 18 to setup a paypal account I think, so its still possible was a typo. But at 17 Id think too that the kid would be able to write his own ad on his parents account or something.
  14. that kid must be running a protection racket at school, scamming lunch money. so the kid has been playing an out of tune bass thats never been tuned, and he 'has his eye on another one'.

No wonder why there are so many dodgy tabs around the place. this kid is probaly posting his 'jewels of knowledge' he transposed with his outta tune bass!!!! :D

15. You shouldn't be up on stage to begin with. or at least get some ear training. terrible :scowl:
  16. bewildered dad, scratching his coconut:"yep, its broken sonny...... have to get ya a new one"
  17. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    That's not so bad. I got my first guitar at 3. I started playing upright at 8 and got my first electric bass at 10. They start kids on Suzuki violin at age 3, so why not an electric bass at age 7???
  18. I think some of you folks missed the point...its not the fact that he plays at age 7. Its the fact that it says he bought the bass. How often do you see a 7 year old in your local music store dishing out 700$ for bass? :p
  19. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

To the Bat Bass, Robin! :ninja: