1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Here's a Neat Idea!... Schroeder Dolly System

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Jul 21, 2007.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Anyone have experience with one of these schroeder Telescopic Dollys? I'm about to pull the trigger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Don at Low Down Sound offers these as an option on his small cabs and EA also offers them on some of their cabs.

They are great for wheeling the cab on smooth, flat terrain. However, the wheels are very small and there is no 'stair walker' mechanism (like, for example, the wonderful kart-a-bag carts). So, it doesn't help you with stairs or curbs. The small wheels can also be a problem on some surfaces.

Kind of a cool idea. I prefer a good cart for a small cab like that IMO and IME.

3. It would be much better if they substituted the lower feet for a nice set of 4-5 inches weels. That way, you would have a bigger set of weels, and still no problems with making them fit with the feets of the cab.

4. twangchief

twangchief Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Altoona, PA
    Dealers such as Parts Express sell telescoping handles and casters you can install on your cabs.

There is the newer Gruv Gear cart also.(www.gruvgear.com)

5. Now that looks like a practical design for hauling 2-3 peices of gear.

6. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
  7. I can't tell which one would be best to use outside of the cab. Any ideas?

Upon furthur inspection, it looks like only the steel ones are available.

8. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    Kart-a-Bag

No bass player should be without one.

After spending so much money on the gear, why break a sweat to move it. Save that for the performance.

They're almost as good as a roadie.

9. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Decent size wheels and a strap-lock gizmo - like a mover dolley.

10. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Wow, that looks like it might fit the bill. I've gone down to light NEO cabs, but now no casters to roll. I was going to check out the Warwick RockCarts (or whatever they are called). This might just be better. Anyone use both?

11. morebass!

morebass! I'm all ears Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    The wheels on that look way too small for handling the surfaces I need to get over. Anything smaller than 4 inches is a waste of plastic IMO.

12. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    I used to have a similar system on my mesa walkabout scout combo.

It lasted less then a year, I now use a small hand truck with 6" wheels...

13. +10000... the best cart ever made!

14. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

+1 to this also. The only cart that I have ever seen that can also easily negotiate stairs.

15. ACtually, the larger Kart-a-bag carts have tall enough handles that you are standing quite upright both up and down stairs. I agree with you though, if you have a huge 100+ plus cab, you should probably get some help on stairs. However, for the cab in question, the 40 pound or so Schroeder 1212L, the Kart-a-bag 600 (I think I have that name right) is just amazing.... massive quality, and the easiest roll on the planet IMO and IME.

Highly recommended.

To your point... there are a number of lightweight carts out there that are vastly superior to the small wheel, no stair/curb climber bolt on types.

16. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

+1 as I thought we were talking about the Schroeder 1212L. If I used a non-neo or heavy rig and had to negotiate stairs, you can bet the drummer will help me after I help him...:D But alas, that is why I have gone the small and light route.

17. +1. Also, with the advent of big cabs that are very lightweight, like the Epifani410UL, you can use castors for an easy roll-in and out, and the weight and the relatively high profile of the cab still makes getting up and down stairs and easy one person lift (as long as the cab is not much more than around 60 pounds for me).:hyper:

18. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1!!!! I have the Tri-Kart 800 (cheaper than the gruv cart at traveloasis, and IMHO, better). I like the fact that there are plates to keep your cab covers from rubbing on the wheels, too.

19. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Hey Smash, thanks for the tip on the Ruxxac at Canadian Tire. I've looked at Home Depot and they dont have anything really but steel dollys. A while ago I bought a steel dolly at Revy for $30 but I want one that is foldable so I'm going to check out that Ruxxac.

So though the attached small wheel setup is a neat idea, its probably not the best solution for me. I'm bound to encounter stairs, curbs, gravel and grass from time to time.

20. JSCHRO7376

JSCHRO7376 Commercial User

Feb 23, 2004
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Owner, Schroeder Cabinets
    I would like to point out that the dollies I offer have four 2" wheels, are more sturdy than most others I've come across, can handle up to 100lbs. and are made out of steel compared to most other plastic frame dollies; hope that helps a little.