Here's An Easy One For You (Bass Suggestions)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGod, Dec 22, 2005.

1. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I'm looking at new basses, and I need some suggestions. I'll list some necessary requirements, stuff I like that isn't essential, and things I dislike, to narrow it down.

Neck-through body construction
    Active pickups
    Twenty-four frets
    Easy upper-fret access

Other Desirable Features:

35" scale
    String through body
    Ebony fretboard
    Unique inlays
    Somewhat visually appealing
    EMG pickups

Things I dislike:

Gold hardware (in general)
    Really tight string spacing
    Gloss neck finishes (I only say this because I assume they would feel 'sticky')
    P/J pickup configurations (in general)

And I'd like to set the ceiling at 1200 Canadian dollars. Now I realize that some of those things are purely cosmetic, but those are the least important factors. I'd like to add that I have a thing for quilted maple tops, but again it's not an important factor.

This is for a four string by the way. My original plan was to buy a fiver and tune it EADGC but I don't know if that would work out. But just in case, you might as well reccomend some fivers, for good measure.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Your "essentials" sound to me like a Peavey Cirrus. It doesn't meet some of the other aspects you find desirable, but we can't win 'em all, right? Besides, that's how we justify owning more basses than necessary, isn't it? Used Cirrus 4s in great shape should come in well under your $1200 CDN ceiling, too.
  3. sounds to me like you need an ESP.
  4. steve21

steve21 Banned

Ibanez BTB1205?
  5. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Carvin XB 75 with a pickup swap (no inlays, however, but killer ebony board!)
  6. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i was gonna say an Ibanez SRX700/705, that is until i saw that you didn't want tight string spacing.
  7. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    My apologies, this thread is officially useless. You see, I thought my bass was busted and I they said it would be hard to fix, so they gave me the option of replacing it with something else. But in the end, they were able to fix it, so basically I have my bass back, and don't need another one. Actually, the bass I have now fits every one of those requirements, including price, which is why I wrote them.

Sorry 'bout that! ;)

8. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005

lol good for you
  9. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    cirrus or possible a warwick thumb nt
  10. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Last I checked, these were bolt on, 34' inch scale, HEAVY, maple or rosewood, etc. Not anything that the original poster descibed as what he wanted.
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Sorry, but the genie's out of the bottle now. You're talking about a Yamaha TRB5P-II, except for 2 things: gold hardware and price.
  12. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    The price being?

13. oh believe me u need an esp
  14. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    I guess it's a good thing he has one, eh?
  15. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    :smug: :D
  16. oh ya man thats why i said it but mine better than his and he knows