Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Here's an odd concept for a new band....

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by rancidrancid, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Once upon a time,in a land not far at all from where I sit,there was a band. One Saturday after being bored because practice wasn't going well because the singer could once again not be there,the drummer,guitar player,and bass player(me) started another band!Very different style! The original one is a pennywise sounding band,and this new one is a ska band! While both bands exsist,the singer for the first one doesn't know about the second one.
    The musicians decided to trade off vocals for this new band as well,further proving they don't need the other singer,so he should work harder.:eyebrow:

True story!
    One of the best things to happen to me!
    We all have more fun at the new band's practices.
    Just thought I'd share this with you guys.

2. Dkerwood

Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Midwest
    I have a similar story. Only in mine, it happens in an evil land with only one good and true character.

Once upon a time there was a innocent and talented singer and guitarist. He put together a band with a bassist and guitarist who were best evil friends and a drummer from another evil kingdom far away. After playing together for a number of months, the three evil members of the band decided to quit the band by posting to the band's website message board. The less evil drummer said that it was too far for him to travel for practices. The evil bassist said he wasn't being featured enough, except as the band jester. The evil guitarist didn't even say that he quit. He just stopped showing up at rehearsal, and about half of the gigs.

The next week, however, the three evil bandmates formed a new band (rehearsing, incidently, a block away from where the original band rehearsed). Apparently, the three were interested in playing the same hard rockin' screamcore crap that 500 other bands in the area had already been playing for years.

Singer was sad, but he put together a new band; a BETTER band. The end.

3. That sounds alot like a band my band used to do alot of shows with. They'd play as a full band reggae style, with two guitar, keyboard, bass, sax, and drums. Halfway through the set, Some members would get off stage, and the bass, drums, and sax would play this totally crazy psychadelic and really fast sounding jazz type stuff for about 45 minutes, then the rest of the band would get back up. Two completely different styles and band names.