Here's my correspondent's report from Pop Disaster tour if anyone cares

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Max, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Well, last night was opening night of the Blink 182/ Green Day tour.

Jimmy Eat World opened admirably. It was a short set though.

Billie Joe Armstrong spent a good deal of the evening getting the crowd to do variations of Dayyyyyyyyyo. They pulled three people out of the crowd to jam on one song and my son's best friend strapped on BJ's guitar, the pale blue one with all the stickers and played. Then he got to stage dive. That was pretty epic for the kid. GD opened with Maria, Longview, Welcome to Paradise. Man, I'm sorry, I should be better with the setlist, but all I remember this morning is they had Mariachis and two guys in a chicken and a bumblebee costume playing horns. Dirnt played very welll, and they had a second guitar player.

Blink 182 was suprisingly good. Too good at times. My friend and I wondered if there might have been a little taped background going on. I didn't recognize any songs other than off of Enema and Pants & Jacket. And they really played Mark Hoppus and Tom DeLong Fenders all night. Travis' drumkit elevated, and cabeled out to the front of the stage and flipped during the encore a la Tommy Lee.

They spent some serious $$ on lighting and pyrotechnics.
    Very elaborate.

I'll try and accumulate set lists from others who were there with better memories.
  2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I am trying to get tickets to the show in DC on june 5th. My favorite bands are Blink182 and Green Day. Jimmy Eat World is also starting to grow on me too. I hope the concert really kicks a$$.

3. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    hey max,thats cool that he got to play his guitar.what if the kid didnt know guitar at all?that would be funny as hell if they dragged some kid up and he totally screwed up the song.

i dislike all three bands,but to each their own!
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    check online fan sites for playlists
  5. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I don't really like blink 182 but I saw them at Edgefest last summer and they were amazing live. Jimmy Eat World was great too. I have never seen Green Day but I wish I could.

MAx, the second guitarist they have is a dude named Jason. His band is signed by BJ's label. He did alot of work with them live and I think he might be in on Warning.

Oops forgot, when I saw blink 182, I'm pretty sure they didn't have a backround tape going. Not 100% positve but pretty sure. I wonder why they mgith have used one for that show.
  6. I would have liked to see GD and Jimmy Eat World. But......I don't know if I could stand Blink. ahh well

Hope you and your son had fun!