Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Here's my fretless XS P Bass knock off......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by de la mocha, Dec 8, 2005.

1. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    [​IMG]

I love her, she's a beauty! Low action, heavy, sturdy, solid, nice glossy finish like it was dipped in honey! She's excellent, for only $119, I figure I can haul her around.

I must have played six at Rondo's, the short scale version of her, the maple fret board version, and the blue fretless jazz bass knock off, but she had that low end growl and magic touch!

The only thing I wanna change is the hum I get at this one specific setting when I turn the tone knob half way but then it disappears. It's not loud, but it's there.

I might do a few up grades, nothing crazy and since I'm not mechanically inclined, I'll be on this site asking a lot of questions soon :p

This is my travelling bass. My cort doesn't have to leave the house this winter no more! :cool:

I'm pleased. Forget that name brand crap, if you can play and got skills, and you got something decent, you can make anything sound good........

.......until you are able to blow $2000 on a high end model! :D Peace!

2. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    we DO have a megathread for a reason :smug:

how would you say is SX build quality over-all?

"sturdy? "

3. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    I think their over all quality can be described as "sturdy". You can't beat their quality when it comes to price in my personal opinion! I give them a hand for the quality of their product for the price!

They're better then squire. These basses are very sturdy, solid and feel very ginuine. I'm well pleased. It's a good bass to lug around and travel with. On a scale of one to ten I give it seven.

4. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
  5. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    which model are you gonna get? Are you going with fretless?

6. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Yeah, but this is an XS.

7. RoVaughn

RoVaughn

Oct 8, 2005

LOL this is so funny that I almost dont want to say anything.

Its only XS because your reading the name upsidown. But hey its your bass you can call it Fred if you want....enjoy!

8. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    It's not mine, and I was being facetious.

9. RoVaughn

RoVaughn

Oct 8, 2005
    oops!