Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Here's my new G&L L2000...whaddya think?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vicenzajay, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Here's the specs:

Honeyburst finish/rosewood fretboard/bi-cut quartersawn maple neck.
    The rest you know from all the G&L data throughout the forums.

The pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I like a lot. Hows it sound?

3. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    It looks awesome.

I like your choice of finish and fretboard. That combo of colors works very well together.

I'm sure is sounds great. Welcome to the G&L club.

4. BEAUTIFUL!!!

CONGRATS...

5. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    It's a looker alright! :hyper:

6. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    Sweet looking bass!

7. Killer! :bassist:

Welcome to the G&L club.

8. Sergio

Sergio

Apr 7, 2004
    Lafitte, LA
    Noice. Though I can't say that I'm a fan of their headstocks, the otherwise look and sound killer. Nice finish choice too. ;)

9. To answer your question - it sounds BIG...and yes, I capitalized that word intentionally.

Obviously, as it arrived Friday, I've only started to figure it out, but the impressions so far is that I can get a nice range of sounds between a thump that takes the air out of your chest all the way to a very signature jazz bass tone (I was surprised at that one). Standard SIT strings are just a bit bright for my taste...will be swapping them for D'addario half rounds.

Weight and balance are heavy and very nice respectively. It hangs just right with NO neck dive at all. With the bridge placed at the end of the body grain, the instrument is very comfortable to play. I have the #8 neck (jazz width) - and love it.

thanks for the nice words - Jay

10. That's gorgeous. That's one of the nicest rosewood fingerboards I've seen on a G&L. Did you specify a light colour rosewood?

11. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Killer bass Bro!! Congrats!

12. No, I was surprised when it arrived...I just wanted rosewood (vice maple) - I'm very happy with the color and figuring!

Thanks,
    Jay

13. That's probably the nicest G&L I've seen to date.

14. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    sweet!

15. Thanks, guys, I appreciate all the admiration! I feel fairly lucky actually.

Jay

16. And the bass simply rocks....had it professionally set up by my local guitar guy (who really liked the sustain and clarity of the instrument)...action is fantastic, and the jazz neck - wow! I've been practicing with both my bands, and the variety of tone choices has been a pleasure to work with. I've typically been a neck pickup kinda guy, but I find myself alternating quite a bit to change the tonal palette effortlessly with this bass.

The instrument is just a joy to play...and to look at. :D

Cheers,
    Jay