1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Here's my pedals, tips? power?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kosko, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    So over the years I've never been a big pedal person, but I have amassed probably 5 good pedals at one time or another.

The biggest thing I'm wondering is how to properly power all of these without using batteries. I've seen a lot of people with those Gator power boxes; and those mini boards are looking popular as well.

Without further addo, here's what I got:

(This is also the order I was thinking of linking them in)

3386818483_ea1b194ac3.

3387628800_e3fd3dc48f.

3386818137_9a328b8ce1.

3387628528_24330c9edf.

3387628872_1c17afacdb.

Family Shot

3386818553_f891b3209c.

2. Love the pedal selection - I am at five myself, teetering on six...

I personally use the Gator powered pedal board (for about 2 years) - holds up fairly well, so far. Keeping in mind that for a while I didn't drag any pedals out of the house - so heavy wear and tear on stages - could be a gamble. But it is well-built. And they are on clearance at musiciansfriend.com right now.

I am considering building my own board at this time - also a simple google-search of "pedal boards" did bring up a good amount of interesting options for boutique-style companies, custom and building your own.

In the end, you have to go with your gut - good luck - and let us know what you come up with...

-G.

3. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    Thanks, I'm actually borrowing the pitch shift delay right now, but have always liked that box. The smaller cheaper loopstation is great, but pretty confusing; I could definitely see another stomp being helpful with it.

I don't mind carving out a piece of wood for holding the pedals. My main concern is just getting them all powered without using batteries and worrying about dead batteries and all that crap.

I'm taking a look at the Dunlop brick. Looks cheap and solid.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DNPDCB10

4. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    There are a bunch of power supplies out there. I use a Voodoo Pedal Power 2+, but you should definitely do a search.

Does that version of the Russian BMP have a 9V input?

5. For my small pedal borad I use a mini pedal train (not sure how the big muff fits) and a one spot

6. How are those Onespots? I've heard that the Godlyke version is better - but don't actually have practical use of either to bass that off of...

Thanks,
    - G.

7. I have a one spot and have not had any problems at all... I have never used the godlyke??? I just looked on line and they appear to be basically the same thing and the prices are the same +/-...