Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

here's my two bass solos...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jonathan2994, Apr 9, 2005.

1. i already posted these but in the wrong section.

anyway, Peace is cool and calm, while Oastatusus is just a flurry of random notes i chugged while watching Family Guy.

critiques/complements warmly welcomed. :bassist:

edit: dammit i forgot to put the link...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/tooljonesmusic.htm

2. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    "You're supposed to listen to the notes he's not playing."
    "Psh. I could do that at home."

-Simpsons.

3. Joe Boom

Joe Boom

Jun 25, 2004
    Chicago, IL
  4. there, added the links (top).

5. Joe Boom

Joe Boom

Jun 25, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Cool. Thanks for putting these up. I clicked on the link and got the following message

Sorry, the server is currently offline for maintenance. The service is scheduled to resume at 6:30pm EST. Thanks for your understanding.

I will try again later.

6. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I just got the same message, except it's currently 6:43pm EST :eyebrow:

7. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Bastards.

8. okay, they're back up now. please critique.

9. sound quality is pretty poor, put thats not your fault, there both a bit long, Oastatusus is just what you said a flurry of random notes, you can pull some nice speed, do you use three fingers at all? you have good ideas and lines but the overall songs are too long and dont really fit together as a song

10. they aren't really songs, just me ****in' around on the bass. i use a pick. thanks for the speed compliment, i get that one a lot, especially since i've only played a year. sorry about the length, i get carried away.

11. ya i tend do the same thing when im practicing, just random stuff, keep up the practice, your real good for someone only playing a year :)

12. thank you. should i stick with a pick or what would you recommend?

13. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Both "solos" are absolute crap!

14. I'm sure he forgot to include this,but if you dont have anything respectable to post - don't post at all.

15. Maybe you could at least elaborate? The guy's been playing for one year, give him a break.

16. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Do you want me to be nice or honest?

17. Uh, both? You could use constructive criticism. The guy's pretty much a newbie, be kind! :)

18. regardless of what you guys say, i think Peace is pretty cool. and Oastatasus has a good riff in the end and some decent ones in the middle, despite being pretty ****ty otherwise.

i want all out honesty, but not rude honesty because that doesn't help me much. when i get off my break friday (break from playing too much), i'll record something new and comparably much better. and with actual thought in it.

19. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I haven't downloaded the second one, but I really enjoyed the first. It sounded like you were really grasping for the correct notes during some parts, but for the most part it was really nice. You made really good use of the hammer-ons/pull-offs.