1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Here's what a real checkpoint looks like

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fhm555, Oct 26, 2013.

1. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    His finger IS on the trigger guard, not the trigger.

I think range operators need to start checking out new people- last time I went, the guy to my left was bleeding after firing only a few rounds, but I don't know if it was from the slide or from a ricochet. A guy two lanes to my right needed 5 shots to even hit the paper target and it was a whole 7 yards away. Then, to make it worse, some idiot came down with a freaking rifle and fired 5 rounds-it's NOT a rifle range. I don't think I'll be going back to that place unless I hear that they made some major changes.

Also, the day after the Nevada school shooting, this happened-
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/23/us-usa-california-shooting-idUSBRE99M0VU20131023

The whole town is calling the kid 'victim', when he should have taken a few seconds to think about what he was doing and should have dropped the gun when ordered to do so. The officers were probably on edge because of what has happened recently and people need to be aware of what's happening before they go out with a weapon in plain view.

2. COBRARI

COBRARI

Apr 16, 2010
    Sacramento
    I don't care for all the government regulations imposed on us just like anyone else but why are we allowing toy manunfactures to make exact replicas of weapons?
    Forget about the "orange tip". It means nothing.

The days of "cops and robbers and cowboys and indians" is long over.

Dumb kids and even adults are getting killed by law officers because they brandish fake weapons and when a cop has one pointed at him, he doesn't stop and ask to check the rifle/handgun out to see if it is real or fake.

Sort of off topic but those replicas should not be made.

3. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Funny you would mention finger off the trigger. That was what convinced me it was legit. Hollywood would have had his finger on the trigger.

4. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    totally agree, cops (for the most part) don't want to shoot innocent civilians, and with life in America being what it is, it's hard to blame them for being as aggressive as they are.

As for the thug being killed, sounds like he did get exactly what he deserved.

My whole point with the photo was not a comment on overzealous tactics, but on the big difference between an ICE courtesy stop disguised as an official LE checkpoint and an official LE checkpoint.

People tend to lump all government agencies into one big blob and if they wear a uniform that is not military it is assumed they have arrest powers and can force compliance. The truth is we have a ton of government employees who are contract labor in uniform who rely almost entirely on that skewed perception to be effective at their jobs.

5. No doubt the pic is legit. Just look at the officer on the other side of the car, local PD usually have more opportunities to stop the doughnut shop. ;-)

6. Fox News is never legit.

7. And now, we know where your head is.

8. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    hqdefault.

9. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    A big +1 to this. Actually, the same goes for agency workers who don't necessarily wear a uniform.

But treating the government as a giant, homogenous monolith works for some partisan narratives.

10. Orange whip?

Orange whip?

Three orange whips!

11. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    Thanks, a lot! Now I want an Orange Whip.