1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Here's what I'd like to see.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rev J, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Rev J

Rev J

Jun 14, 2012
    Berkeley, Ca.
    Now that Jaco's "Bass of Doom" has been found I'd love to see Fender make a limited edition replica with all of the proceeds going to and organization like NIMH (National Institute of Mental Health). Almost like they did with the Eric Clapton Limited Edition proceeds going to the Crossroads Center or the Bonnie Rait Strat going to organizations to help music programs.

The music industry has done fairly well acknowledging the importance of music education, and the price of drug use on the community. Yet Mental Illness is still ignored as the problem that it is.

Probably nearly everyone on this forum has had their life impacted in some way by Mental Illness. You could have it your self, had a "Crazy" band member, or loved one.

Jaco had Bipolar Disorder an incurable but treatable illness that probably partially contributed to his death. If it was Cancer then money probably would have been raised for treatment. If he died from Cancer then people would have been encouraged to donate to a Cancer Charity in his memory.

Just a thought.

Stay Brown,
    Rev J

2. aasti3000

aasti3000

Jul 18, 2012
    I agree....

3. throughthefire

throughthefire

Oct 1, 2010
    Utah
    +1

Mental illness still has a stigma, which means that people only seek treatment at the later stages. Before that point, they resist asking for help because they feel that a mark has been given against them on their health insurance..