Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hetfield Fans Unite!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Petary791, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
  2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Wow, does Ken Lawrence know about that neck?

Honestly, I like the black diamond plate JH-2 better.
    [​IMG]

My personal favorite were the hot rod flamed JH-1's.
    [​IMG]

I like his new Les Paul, the Gibson, not the Trucksters with the gold stripe and iron cross.
    [​IMG]

3. Ken Lawrence worked out some kind of deal with Warmoth about the necks. It's not the exact same though.

4. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    We made a couple of the necks from a drawing a customer sent us and put them up for sale as "Hetfield Necks". So Ken Lawrence calls us up and says, essentially, "It's not worth trying to get you to stop doing that, but would you mind putting my name on it so I can get some credit for it?"

Of course we did, and we would have stopped making them if he had asked us to, but he didn't. I thought his response was so cool I called him up and told him so - turns out he's a friend of a friend of mine!

5. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    What are the chances of getting that headsotck on a bass neck? Probably pretty low but a guy can wish right?

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

James is one of my favorite frontmen :bassist: , all that neck needs is some serious inlay with a koa mahagony body with some emgs and your good to go. :hyper: :bassist:

7. :eek:

GAS....