Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hetfield Hair: an in depth-ongoing analysis.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Sep 7, 2005.

1. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Hmmm.. I should send my resume to Tarsier Labs.

2. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I like Garage inc.I had to say it. So many older fans don't like. What does this have to do with hair? nothing but I still had to say it. Its probly because I'm a youngin:D

3. The fact that the author puts St Anger higher on the chart than Garage Inc or S&M completely invalidates his theory.

IMO.

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Some people have too much time on their hands.

5. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

Its about hair. Not what sounded better.
    We all know St anger is like the best work they have ever done.......................OMG!! don't kill me. I was Joking!

6. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    St. Anger IS the best work they've ever done!

not :bag:

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I actually listened to St. Anger today. I never hated it, but it actually sounded better today.

8. I rekon, personally that people hate St. Anger because its a trend to. Sit down and listen to the album for a while. I love St. Anger, it's an aquired taste though.

I believe that people who heard the album was **** before they listened came out thinking it was whit. People (like me) who expected it to be awsome where satisfied and loved it. I rekon its great IMHO.

Anyway, great site.

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

The Unnamed Feeling is one great song :bassist: , i dont think James hair length is any indication as to how well he is rocking.

10. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Ok her is the deal with St Anger. Everything is there to be a great album. Meaningfull lyrics, hard hitting music alot of passion and soul. Some songs would have been better being like 3 minutes in stead of 7. The tone they used for the bass and guitar did not work for me. The producing had good ideas but it didn't work.

11. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I actually forgot about All Within My Hands. Despite the lack of production it's still a pretty good effort.

12. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I actually always thought the lyrics were some of the weakest parts of the album. It seems James is a really great lyricist (see 'Master of Puppets'), until he starts writing with other people. And the whole detuned guitar thing reminded me a lot of nu-metal, which is never a good thing. I agree that trying something different with the production was a good idea, it just didn't seem to work. Also, something about Bob Rock writing some of the lyrics just rubs me the wrong way.

However, the title track is a great song.

My two cents, and all IMO of course.

Graeme :bassist:

13. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    He ranked "St. Anger" equal with "Master of Puppets" and higher than "Ride the Lightning."

The man is an idiot.

14. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Its about his hair!!!

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

James has got some great talent. :bassist:

16. I know, tell me about it. beyond that, it's in jest I'm sure. :rollno:

17. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Ride the lightening and Master are their two best albums by far. The guy who made that chart is on crack.

18. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    IT'S ABOUT HIS HAIR, NOT THE ALBUMS OR THE MUSIC PRODUCED- HAIR!

19. Lest we also forget that Lars sounds like he's beating on a garbage can lid for the duration of the album *LOL*