Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HEVOS preamp - anybody played it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoelEoM, Aug 13, 2002.

1. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    anybody played it? it looks interesting, as does the rest of what they have to offer.
    Hevos

2. awesome

awesome

Aug 14, 2002
    Belgium
    I played through a hevos rig once at the shop when I was testing a bassguitar (so I can't say much, didn't used the EQ or anything).
    I played a epiphone firebird through a SWR sm-rig and a Hevos 400B head and (if I remember correctly) a donar plus cab.
    The only thing I can say is I was pleased with the sound (better than the SWR) but I had expected more in that price range. (Might have sounded better with a good bass, didn't like the firebird)
    Not for you if you want a marcus miller kind of sound, more james jamerson-like.

Hope this helps,
    Awesome

3. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    I inquired about this from Hevos last year, but at that time they wouldn't sell to the US, because they were not made to be operable at 110 V 60 Hz. Dunno if things have changed since then.

4. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    awesome - i dont really go for the marcus miller tone, so that would probably work well for me. thanks for giving me an idea.
    i thought i had read on their site awhile ago about making changes to their amp line so they would work in the US, but i cant remember for sure. ill check it out again.